As if the pressure we put on ourselves weren’t enough, we face the pressures of society: to always be the best, to have every next step planned out, and always be put together. I don’t know the origins of these “standards,” but they kind of suck. (Sorry, not sorry.)
The problem with this is that it is completely unrealistic, yet as humans we feel like we have to live up to what society is saying. I’m here to hopefully offer you a bit of relief in this way of thinking.
You are not the only person who feels like they are running around with their head cut off. I have heard from so many people that they feel like they are a mess because they don’t know their next step. YOU ARE NOT A MESS. YOU ROCK.
God doesn’t ever to tell us to plan out our entire life. He tells us to trust in Him to lead us where we need to be. Sometimes waiting on the Lord for our next step is quick; sometimes it feels like it is never going to end. During this time of unknown we can do a few things to relieve the pressure.
- Remind yourself that you are not the only one who feels like you don’t have it all together.
- Cling to the promises of the Lord.
- Pray. This seems basic, but bringing your mind back to the Lord brings a lot of peace.
- Be thankful for what is going on in the present.
- Focus on what the Lord has spoken to you and not what He hasn’t spoken to you.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6
What topics would you like to hear about from me in the future? I value your input and want to write something that you can relate to.